Information Communication Technology Directorate
The main administration and support for computing and technology services at the university is given by the Information and Communication Technology Center (ICTC) staff. The University-owned computer equipment and peripherals are maintained by ICTC, which also oversees the management of campus computer classrooms and facilities, wired and wireless network infrastructure.
The University’s institutional email, the Integrated Student Information Management System, antivirus protection, official websites, Internet connection services, and systems like the Digital Library and E-Learning platforms are just a few of the services that ICTC oversees. The primary resource for assistance and guidance on computer and technology-related matters for academic and administrative units is the ICTC team.
A model center that excels in ICT infrastructure for academic, research, and community service in Ethiopia
- Creating a conducive teaching-learning, research, community service, management, and administration environment with ICT support
- Providing reliable and adequate network infrastructure
- Automating the teaching-learning process
- On-time user support
- Delivering fast and reliable Internet and intranet service 24/7 for GBU communities
- Automating business processes
- Securing the GBU network from any threats, internal or external
- Ensuring the quality of GBU ICT equipment
- Conducting research based software projects in ICT
- Delivering ICT research outcomes and professional application software